Speech & Debate
Oct 25, 2015 5:08 PM
Here are your announcements.
1. Congratulations to Riya Butani & Connie Lu for receiving the positions of logistical assistants. Give them a warm welcome!
2. If you haven't a) turned in your waivers, or b) joined the google groups for your events, see the announcements for 10/10 below and do those things ASAP.
3. Registration for these tournaments is up!
Have a wonderful week!
- Your EVSD Officers
Oct 12, 2015 1:49 AM
Hey everyone! Some major announcements:
Tldr; submit your waivers, email us if your website log in doesn't work, practice calendar/tournament registration for all 1st semester tourneys/practices is up, join event FB/Google groups, and new EVSD officer position is up for grabs
1. EVSD REGISTRATION PART 2
(a) Print out these waivers, sign them and have your parents sign them, take a picture of them, and email them to email@example.com, NOT firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should be "Waiver-[your name]" and you should Cc the email to your parents.
This is due by Saturday 10/17/2015. Those who submit after Friday will not have priority for upcoming tournaments that have an entry cap.
You cannot attend tournaments without us having these waivers emailed to us.
(b) We're taking down part 1 team registration on Monday 10/12, so if you haven't registered or received an email asking you to re-register and complete all fields/payment, please do so ASAP.
We fixed all the glitches and the site should now be fully functional. Email email@example.com if you're having any problems.
3. PRACTICE CALENDAR
The practice calendar is updated for the rest of the year and can be seen on the website under "members."
Parli Practice: Wednesdays & Thursdays in the Library
PF Practice: Thursdays & Fridays in the Library
LD Practice: Thursdays & Friday in the Library
Speech Practice: Wednesday in the Library & Friday in room P108
4. EVENT GROUPS - Join both the google group and (if you have one) the Facebook group!
5. Tournament Registration for all 1st semester tournaments are up. Log into your account by clicking "Member Sign In" for more details.
6. NEW EVSD OFFICER POSITION
Title: Admin Assistant
Job Description: Assist the logistical officers (Pres, VP, Sec, Treas, and other Assistants) in performing logistical tasks such as entering data on spreadsheets, registering for tournaments, sending emails, and more.
Note: Must be very organized, very deadline conscious. An eye for graphic design is a plus.
Expected Time Commitment: Can vary radically from week to week, but average is 3 hours/week
How to Apply:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Your Name - Admin Assistant Application"
2. In the description of the email, include (a) your grade (b) your event (c) your phone number
3. Attach a résumé that is one page length maximum that details your qualifications for the position
Upon reviewing your résumé, we may contact you for an interview. It is possible that not everyone will be interviewed.
Have a wonderful week everyone!
- Your EVSD Officers